Forum: The Iron Painter!
Do you have the IRON to push through this grueling contest with tight deadlines, advanced themes and champion smack talk?!!
Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: Rules for IRON PAINTER!
02-23-2007, 02:14 PM #1
- Join Date
- Sep 2005
- Behind the walls.
Thanked 10 Times in 4 Posts
Rules for IRON PAINTER!
IRON PAINTER: THE RULES
1. The list of participants will be randomly paired up and the "THEME INGREDIENT" will be announced. Participants are encouraged to sign up on the "IRON PAINTER SIGN UP" Thread. The pairings will be publicly viewable in a separate thread..
2. Once announced, the participants have two weeks to prepare and paint a mini. We are going to put on trust that everyone is starting a NEW miniature, not one that has been painted already. (We will not require anonymity, and encourage smack talk.) Deadlines to upload your finished picture will be announced in the thread for each theme.
3. JUDGING: Judging will be done by a panel of WYRD experts. Also, unbeknownst to these fine folks, I will use them as mediation for any sort of dispute. I feel these fine people are completely fair and trustworthy. Roughly the criteria they will be working for SCORING will be...
Use of THEME INGREDIENT..... 0-5 points
Technical Quality/difficulty........0-5 points
Overall Asthetic.......................0-10 points
Comments from the judges will also be highly recommended.
4. It is possible to have an odd number of entrants left after any given round. SO, that being the case, the scoring will designate a "HEY GIVE ME ANOTHER CHANCE" award. This award will be for a very close runner-up, and will be allowed to advance to the next round. ADDENDEUM TO MAKE IT CLEARER (10-18-2007)The GIVE ME ANOTHER CHANCE award is to be given to the HIGHEST scoring non winner. In the event of a tie, highest scoring Theme prevails. If still cannot be decided, coin flip.
5. The Winners from the 1st round will be announced, and a few days will be left open for comments, more smack talk, predictions, etc. Random Pairings and a NEW THEME INGREDIENT will be announced shortly after, and we repeat the process.
6. The LOSER (sorry so harsh) will be asked at that point to send to his or her victor, one miniature. If you would rather save the time or effort from sending a miniature from your collection, $5 dollars (American) through Paypal is also acceptable should you wish. NOV 20-2009 ADDENDUM...this 'rule' is no longer such, it is now considered a suggestion. I'll not police it, and I'm leaving it here only because the 'booty prize' has become a nice tradition.
7. Play continues in this matter until we have the IRON PAINTER!! At that point, the victor will receive prizes (TBA), kudos from your peers, and throngs of fans and endorsements (that last part is a bit of a stretch).
8. ANYONE wishing to donate EXTRA prizes, please contact me VIA PM. I would like to award participation prizes and such.
9. MINIATURE CHOICE This is completely to the participants discretion. You can use any miniature from any manufacturer, or even one you have had sculpted should you want. Again let me emphasize, we are going on trust that you are starting an UNPAINTED mini. Lets just have fun and be honest.
10. ADDENDUM....Any tie will be broken by whichever contestant has the highest score in THEME. If that does not break the tie, the judges will each select one of the painters to advance, if that doesn't work, I flip ye old coin.
11. new ADDENDUM (10-1-07) If, at the beginning of round 1, we have an ODD number of participants, one painter will be selected (randomly) as the WYRD Card. That painter is still require to paint the rounds minis to advance BUT...will be randomly matched with a painter who's opponent did not finish (DNF). If there are NO DNFers that round, a finished mini by the Wyrd Card holder is automatically advanced.
11(a). New rule added 1-07-09 If there are several matches (round 1 ONLY) that end up with a painter paired to a DNF opponent, I will randomly match the finishing painter with other finishing painters.
The WYRD CARD holder will be the LAST to be paired. I know that is confusing, let me explain.
Painter A vs Painter B
Painter C vs Painter D
Painter E vs. Painter F
Painter G (wyrd card holder)
If Painter B and D DO NOT FINISH, Painter A and C would be made as a NEW pairing for the judging. The Wyrd Card holder would still advance unchallenged, provided he finishes his mini.
Using the same painters, let's say painter B, D, AND F DO NOT FINISH. At that point I will randomly pair A, C, E AND the Wyrd Card Holder (painter G) into competitive matchups. Those painters face off with the new matching.
In other words, provided he finishes the Wyrd Card Holder always gets the pass OR the last available pairing.
12. New Rule added 1-09-2009. At any point during the contest, I can assign 'three way' battles, to help pare down the number of contestants left. This will normally only be used either in the first OR in the final round (to avoid adding additional rounds). Three way battles work exactly the same as normal matchups, whomever scores the most advances. This is all at my discretion, but like everything else, I always strive for fairness and smooth sailing.
This activities main goal is just to have fun and build community spirit. Hopefully, there are no bumps in the road, but that may be too wishful thinking. If problems do arise, we will deal with it as fairly and honestly as possible.
We can tweak the rules as we proceed, if needed.
WYRD is graciously allowing us to host our fun here, providing judging, and even some great prizes, but ultimately this is my doing. If problems do arise and bad feelings need to be directed, make sure they are pointed at me, and not to the site.
Last edited by supervike; 11-20-2009 at 12:23 PM.
Results 1 to 1 of 1
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)